One Recovery Oldham’s Turn to Impress
Following Bridge House’s highly positive CQC (Care Quality Commission) inspection, it’s now One Recovery Oldham’s turn to impress.
One Recovery Oldham is our partnership led drug and alcohol service covering the metropolitan borough of Oldham.
CQC inspectors came to have a look at One Recovery Oldham’s safeguarding practices and processes, and, following in the footprints of previous ADS service inspections, received a very favourable review.
Inspectors particularly noted:
- The partnership in One Recovery Oldham is considered a strength.
- The new online assessment form is considered an improvement on the previous paper assessment as it requests more detail about children (birth children, step children and any other they come into contact with).
- ADS were commended for taking the feedback from inspection of One Recovery Staffordshire, and taking the necessary procedures to roll out safeguarding level 3 training as standard.
- The safeguarding case management tracker spreadsheet was considered good practice, especially as it is accessible to all staff to populate and update.
- The safeguarding flag on Nebula was regarded positively as it clearly highlights potential safeguarding issues.
The above were just some standout highlights, with many other areas of good practice noted. We are proud to provide a service that makes such a difference to people’s lives. The CQC report highlights and recognises the quality practices and processes we have in place, however, we should always be looking to improve – the report highlighted a few areas that we could develop as well. Such observations are key to ensuring we continue to provide a high quality of care, and we will look to address these over the next few months.
We will continue to ensure One Recovery Oldham’s high standards, and look to improve our performance on areas that we know we can be rated outstanding.
Finally, a big thank you to One Recovery Oldham staff – without them we wouldn’t be providing such a vital and well received service.